Monday, February 26, 2007

“Commit” Date

One of the best integrated marketing and community involvement programs related to healthcare in the region (in my opinion) will be showcased on Wednesday, April 4th, 2007.

The American Marketing Association-Houston’s Healthcare Special Interest Group (SIG) will host the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center’s presentation of its high-powered, multi-faceted “Commit for Life” program.

You could call it “Marketing for Blood,” but thanks to everyone who participated in this program last year, donations helped save thousands of lives and helped The Blood Center exceed its 2006 goal of 273,000 units. (In 2007, the need has increased to 290,000 units.)

The Commit for Life program is a partnership between everyone in the Houston region and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center that’s focused on saving lives, today... and in the future. Today, The Blood Center has grown to serve more than 220 health care institutions in the 25-county Texas Gulf Coast region. Developing the willingness to give blood on a regular basis is tough but effective work, as I think you’ll see at this AMA SIG presentation.

I started giving blood when I was a teenager, back in Atlanta. Now I participate in the “Commit for Life” program myself. I’m delighted to learn how The Blood Center encourages blood donations so effectively. I think you will be too.

So…commit your time for April 4th. Write it down. The SIG program will run from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM – place to be announced. And watch this space for more info as SIG program is developed.

No comments: