Monday, October 17, 2005

Research Costs


Once upon a time, during a meeting about a marketing survey, a client actually told me, “Research costs too much.” This has likely never happened to you – but for some reason I hear it fairly often.

Turns out one of my long-time colleagues, Mary Jo Martin, has also heard it before. Coincidence? I think not.

Here’s a complaint that needed some answers, we thought. Doesn’t matter if you’re a research supplier or a client, we thought.

We put our heads together and constructed a white paper (which has a green cover because Mary Jo thought that would be neat). In this paper, we examined just why research costs what it does, with a quick look at market research cost elements.

We added some tips about how to control the costs of research and still get it done.

This new “Research Costs Too Much!” white paper is available to interested parties (like you) without charge. Gratis. Free. Drop me a note and I’ll send you a pdf.

There is one modest condition. We would like to solicit your comments – and eventually create a second version incorporating your thoughts, too. So if, after you’ve read this white paper, you have some thoughts of your own to share, send them back to me. I’ll make sure you get all the credit that’s due. And none of the blame.

No comments: