Thursday, December 22, 2005

Trishpix Clicks

An extra big Christmas thank-you goes to Trish Cramblet this year. For those of you that received my “Season’s Signals” card, you’ll note that Trish created the Three Wise Signalers who star in the show.

Trish is a terrific designer and collaborator to start with. Working with me and Paul Leigh, for example, Trish created the great Pointsmith logo a few years back – you can see it here.

Beyond this, she has become a lively and sometimes quirky illustrator, with works that tickle the mind as well as the fancy. I’ve taken the liberty of showing a couple of her illustrations in this post, and you can see much more of her work here.

The creator of “Dilbert,” Scott Adams, said, “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” Trish’s illustrations are not just commercially valuable. They qualify as art, at least for me. They just…click.


When I suggest to a client that we should use Trish to illustrate an ad or a brochure, I’m not only using a particular kind of visual to reinforce the message. I’m adding art to the mix. Vita brevis. Ars longa. Reason enough. Merry Christmas, Trish.

Illustrations © Trish Cramblet. Used with permission. All rights reserved.

No comments: